Best Home Chef is a place where food lovers can share recipes, cooking tips and interact with professional chefs.
It’s a food community, with generous monthly prizes up for grabs for the Best Home Chef. Every month the best recipe as judged by the community but ultimately decided by Best Home Chef brand mentors and editors, will win a grand prize.
Each month’s winner and runner up, along with many other members of the community, will then be in the running to win thousands of dollars of appliances handed out to the top chefs at an awards lunch in December 2014 to crown Australia’s 2014 Best Home Chef.
Better still, Best Home chef is a place where members can save their favourite culinary creations for generations to come, to try out new recipes and receive feedback, to share their recipes with friends and other home chefs, and enjoy conversations about their creations. Home Chefs are also encouraged to engage with brand mentors – professional chefs – on the site – to help take their home cooking to the next level.
Stuart Talman received $50,000 worth of appliances for taking out the Best Home Chef accolade in 2013.
Best Home Chef is sponsored by cooking partners AEG, Scholtes, Siemens, SMEG and Wolf.
If you would like to contact the Best Home Chef editor please email: email@example.com
How the Best Home Chef community and competition works:
1. Register and upload an original recipe. We’re well aware there are many definitions of the term ‘original’ but to us it means to upload a recipe you have made your own – we’re interested in anything you have given a new twist, something you have tried and love, and family meals passed down through generations.
2. Rate, cook and review recipes – cook and rate recipes that have been uploaded by others within the community.
3. Monthly prizes — prizes will be awarded to the top rated recipe for the month.
4. Awards will be handed out to the community in December 2014. Generous prizes will be provided to:
- People’s choice award
- Best Home Chef
- Runner-up Best Home Chef
- Award for most consistent Home Chef
- Award for most active Home Chef
- Award for the quirkiest recipe