Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 kg black mussels
- 100 ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbls parsley
- 2 Tbls dry breadcrumbs
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 tspn sea salt (or 1 tbls vegeta seasoning)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 Tbls lemon zest
1. Scrub and wash mussels under running water. Remove beard (tiny strings outside of mussel shell).
2. Heat oil in a bigger pan (4 Litres) and sauté garlic for 30-40 seconds, add chopped parsley, breadcrumbs and stir only to combine.
3. Add wine, salt (or vegeta) and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. Add mussels, stir with wine sauce, place tight fitting lid on pan and bring to boil on high heat.
5. Continue cooking on medium heat, approximately 7-8 minutes or until all mussels open. Shake pan occasionally.
6. Discard unopened mussels, if any.
7. Transfer mussels and some sauce on serving plate. Sprinkle finely grated lemon zest over mussels.
8. Serve it hot with fresh crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
* Do not omit lemon zest as it delicately enhance the taste.
* Try to use fresh mussels if possible.
* Opened mussels are not good for cooking, discard them as well as unopened ones after cooking.
Leave a Review
Vesna I love the mussels,but don’t know how I make the best recipe of them.So thank you very,very much for your recipe.I will tray it one day.Good luck in your cooking.
I might be a fan of seafood, but those do look yummo!