Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 x large eggs
- 1 cup raw castor sugar
- 1 x zest of lemon or orange
- 1/4 tspn baking powder
- 1.5 cups fresh almonds
CAN ADD IN: cranberries, figs, apricots, pistachio… pretty much ANY dry ingredient you have in your pantry.
For these photos i used Cranberries, Pistachio, almonds and White chocolate.
Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
1. Place sugar, eggs and grated zest in a large bowl. Combine with an electric mizer untill fluffy.
2. Gently mix in the flour, baking powder, almonds and any other dry ingredients you desire
3. with clean, dry hands, gently knead the dough on a floured surface and work into a long and wide sausage like shape. Place on lines tray. depending on your tray, you may need to divide your dough in half.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and firm enough to slice. once you hare pahhy, remove and turn your oven down to 140°C.
5. allow to cool enough so you don’t burn yourself to touch. With a good serrated bread knife thinly slice into the partially cooked dough. place slices on a prepared tray.
6. place trays of sliced biscotti back into the low oven to crisp up. Don’t wander off too far as you want to monitor their browning. it will take 15-20min, turning once to brown. (if you made thicker slices, crisping up will take longer)
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Biscotti keeps for a forghtnight in an airtight container.
Leave a Review
the are always yummy.I have similar recipe and is delicious.
Biscotti! I love biscotti, in particular almond and fig. These look delish!