Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 x big kohlrabi - cubed
- 1 x turnip - cubed
- 2 x middle sized carrots - cubed
- 1 x middle sized zucchini - cubed
- 10 x tuscan kale leafes - sliced
- 2 x big potatoes - cubed
- 1 x big celery stalk - cubed
- 1 x 10cm piece leek - quatered+sliced
- 1 generous handful celery green - chopped
- 1 x can canelini beans
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 x massels beef style stock cube
- 1/2 x massels veggie stock cube
- 1 splash maggie season
- 1,5 tspn caraway seeds
- 1/2 tspn nutmeg
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 tspn seasalt
- 1-2 L hot water
Prepare all your veggies.
Heat approx 1-2 l water. Heat some sunflower oil into a big pot and add all veggies except of the zucchini, beans and rice. Fry for 5-10 min and stir well. Deglaze with the hot water and add the stock cubes and Maggie season. In Germany I usually used lovage to cook soups and stews, but this is not available here in Australia, so I used Maggie season. Bring it to the boil for a couple of seconds and turn down to a slight simmer. Simmer for 5 min and add the zucchini, beans and cooked long grain rice.
Simmer until the veggies are done. That should take approx 15-20 min. Add the chopped celery green and turn off the heat. Give it a rest of 1 hour. As longer the rest is, as better the stew!
Plate up and ENJOY the taste of Autum
Leave a Review
This will be good in winter time.Ange that looks delicious.
Thanks so much Anna.
I love this kind of food in Winter time. Where I come from, we eat lots of stews in autum and winter season. Also bakes.