Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 2 Tbls golden syrup
- 2 Tbls boiling water
- 1 tspn bi carb soda
Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius/360 degree Farenheit
1. Combine quinoa flakes, coconut, caster sugar and flour in a large bowl.
2. In a 1L pot heat butter and golden syrup stirring until melted
3. Ccombine boiling water with bicarb soda, mix well.
4. Quickly add the bicarb to the pot stirring vigorously into a foam and add this quickly to the dry ingredients. Combine quickly to wet all ingredients
5. Using hands and a tbspn make mixture into balls and place onto baking paper lined tray. Flatten gently with fingers or a fork. Leave some space for biscuits to spread.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes in 180 degree oven/160 degree (fan forced)
NB: Allow to cool before removing from baking paper. Use the paper to slide biscuits off the tray, and have next paper ready to slide on. Timing is the key, watch the biscuits. Time the first batch to 12 mins, the second batch to 10mins. The biscuits will continue to cook when removed. Remove from oven when lightly golden brown
Leave a Review
I replaced the caster sugar with coconut sugar and used agave instead of golden syrup and wow what a really chewy yummy biscuit! Next time I will lessen sugar probably to 3/4c only. Hubby loves it too!