Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 8 x eggs free range of course
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups hazelnut meal
- 2 tspn baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 250 g unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 x granny smith apples cored and cut into slices, leave skin on
- 1 x packet of philadelphia cream cheese (for the icing)
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar (for the icing)
- 120 g soft caramels (for the icing)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line two 23cm spring form cake tins.
In a bowl use an electric beater to beat the eggs and sugar until light and frothy.
Then add the melted butter and mix again. Add sifted flour with baking powder and then hazelnut meal. Mix well.
Peel and core the granny smith apples. Pour half the batter into each cake tin and then decorate with the slices of apple. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
For the icing place the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. When the cakes have cooled completely, ice between the two and just around the sides. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Leave a Review