Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g continental flour ( from bi- lo )
- 60 g icing sugar
- 90 g unsalted butter( room temperature )
- 1/2 x lemon skin (very fine grated)
- 2 x large yolks
- 1 x sachets dry yeast( 7g )
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 ml full-cream milk (room temperature )
- 1 x apple jam in jar
- 2 x tub of philadelphia cream cheese(spreadable)
- 3-4 Tbls extra icing sugar
- 120 g extra icing sugar ( for streusel )
- 1 x sachets vanilla sugar (iga )
- 120 g unsalted butter (room temperature for streusel )
- 200 g continental flour ( for streusel )
1) Sift into a bowl 200 g of flour add vanilla sugar,120 g unsalted butter and 120 g icing sugar.With hands mix all together,make streusel (crumbs )
2) To another bowl sift 500 g of flour add 60 g icing sugar,90 g unsalted butter,grated lemon skin,salt,yolks and dissolved yeast in little bit warm milk.Mix all together,add rest of milk and make nice elastic dough.Divide the dough into two parts.
3) With rolling pin roll out each part on little bit floured working surface into round shape about 1 cm thick.Transfer the dough on lightly greased baking tray,spread over cream cheese mixed with icing sugar,then spread over apple jam and top with streusel.Repeat with remaining dough.
4) Put the cakes into preheated oven on 160 C and bake for about 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Serve on its own or with your favourite coffee or tea