Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 1.2 kg pie apple
- 1.5 tspn mixed spice
- 1 tspn lemon juic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups desiccated coconut (for the crumble)
- 3/4 cups gluten free plain flour (for the crumble)
- 1/2 tspn mixed spice (for crumble)
- 1 Tbls brown sugar, sifted if possible (for crumble)
- 5 Tbls coconut oil, melted (for crumble - add 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached, so less than 5 can be used)
Serves: 6-8, Prep: 25-30 mins, Cook: 20 mins
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160°C (fan-forced), and grease a rectangular baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Place the pie apple in a bowl, and combine with the mixed spice, lemon juice and sugar. Don’t worry if the apple gets a little mashed up, just stir it all through.
3. Pour the apple filling into the base of the dish and smooth out.
4. Mix together the crumble ingredients and then spoon over the filling. Smooth using the back of the spoon, being sure to fill all the edges and corners.
5. Bake in the oven for up to twenty minutes, or until the crumble topping is browned all over (but not burnt!)
6. Serve hot, with coconut cream (see my recipe) or dairy-free ice-cream.
Leave a Review
Yum, I love desserts, especially apple crumble. Great photo too!
Thank you! XD