Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 cup plain flour/wholemeal flour/gluten free flour/gf pancake mix
- 1 cup oat flour (ground from oats)
- 1 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 x apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup milk (use dairy or non-dairy alternatives)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy spread or butter
- 3/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour of your choice (as above)
- 3 Tbls non-dairy spread or butter, softened
For the cake:
Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F
Grease and/or line an 8×8 baking dish.
In a large bowl combine flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and the chopped apple.
In a separate bowl combine milk, applesauce, sugar vanilla and the melted butter or spread. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour cake batter into the prepared cake tin (or prepared muffin pans).
For the crumble:
To make the crumble topping, rub the softened butter/spread into the dry ingredients until it is uniform in consistency and the butter is mixed through (it will be clumpy, but this is how the crumble is supposed to look!).
Sprinkle crumble mixture over the cake batter evenly, leaving some clumps.
Bake for around 30 minutes or until the top is golden, the edges pull away from the sides and a skewer inserted removes clean.
Leave to cool before taking out of the pan – serve warm, room temperature or chill in the fridge.
(Original Post found: http://southerninlaw.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/recipe-apple-crumble-cake.html)
Leave a Review
What a great look cake! Delicious! Lovely photos as well!