Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 500 g plain flour
- 250 g icing sugar
- 250 g unsalted butter( room temperature )
- 2 x eggs(lightly beaten just with fork) )
- 1 x sachet of baking powder ( form iga supermarket )
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tspn cinnamon powder
- 1 x can of apple slices for baking ( 800 g )
- 1 x little bit unsalted butter for grease baking tray
- 1 x little bit of bread-crumbs for dusting the tray
- 1 x vanilla sugar mixed with ....bit of icing sugar
1)In bowl mix flour with sugar,baking powder,butter and eggs and make nice elastic dough.Divide the dough into 2 pieces.Dust working surface with ….bit of flour and with rolling pin roll out the dough into 1/2 cm high.The baking tray lightly grease with butter and dust all sides with bread-crumbs.Carefully roll on rolling pin the dough and transfer on baking tray.Put on the apples,walnuts,sultanas and sprinkle with cinnamon.
2)The remaining dough roll out into same size and again carefully roll on rolling pin and cover the apples.Press the sides and with fork make some holes on top of it.Put into preheated oven on 180 C and bake for about ….25-30 minutes or until the top is nice and golden.
2)Dust the slices with icing sugar mixed with vanilla sugar.Serve with your favourite tea or coffee.
PS.The cake is better cut it nex day,because it is very soft.