Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 185 g can of apricot halves
- 1 x sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tspn rosemary - chopped
- 1/4 cup low gi cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tbls honey
- 200 g double cream
- 1 Tbls fruit sugar or icing sugar
- 1/2 tspn vanilla bean paste
- 30 g butter
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Combine sugar, rosemary and honey with 1/3 cup of water in a saucepan. Stir on low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
2. Arrange apricot in a 21cm cake tin, cut side up. Drizzle the syrup over apricot.
3. Trim pastry to 22cm round. Place over apricots and tuck sides underneath. Brush pastry with melted butter. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
4. Meanwhile, beat the cream in a bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until almost thickened. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and continue beating until thick. Do not over beat.
5. Stand tart in the tin for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve with Chantilly cream.
Leave a Review
Thank you, Anna. It was really delicious! I love using puff pastry…can make deserts, savoury or pies in a flash when you have unexpected visitors
yummy combination of flavours!