Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 200 g firm tofu - dried and cut into cubes
- 2 tspn fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic (small) - grated
- 1 tspn curry powder
- 2 tspn rice malt syrup (from coles)
- 1,5 tspn sesame oil
- 1 splash soy sauce
- 1 x green capsicum - cut into whatever you like
- 1 x carrot, sliced
- 1 x small onion - cut in wedges
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 splash sunflower oil to fry
- 1 cup cooked yasmin rice to serve with
Prepare the firm Tofu. Dry with a paper towel and cut into cubes. Marinate with the fresh grated garlic, ginger, curry powder, soy sauce and sesame oil. Marinate for about 1 hour before you start to prepare your veggies. The best is to prepare the tofu one day ahead! The flavours will be fantastic with a rest period of 24 hours.
Cut the green capsicum in whatever style you like, slice some carrots, wedge the onion.
Cook Jasmin rice like advertised on the package and when almost done, start to heat the oil in a wok. Add the marinated tofu and fry on high heat until golden brown — add all the prepared veggies and fry for 1 min on high heat then turn down to middle heat. Fry for a short time and add Soy Sauce and the bean sprouts.
You can add black sesame seeds if you like, that gives a nice flavour to the dish.