Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1 kg atlantic salmon fillets (skinned and boned)
- 1 x lime (halved and sliced)
- 1 x lemon(halved and sliced)
- 1/2 kg washed potatoes9slicedinto 5mm slices
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2/3 cups white wine
- 2 Tbls heaped with plain flour
- 1/4 cup grated colby cheese
- 3 x medium carrots
- 250 g fresh snow peas
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 splash light olive oil
1. Start with the potato dish, as it takes the longest time to cook. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Using paper towel, wipe some light olive oil on the base of a baking dish suitable for the sliced potatoes. Lay potatoes in the dish (Potatoes should take approximately 45 mins to cook).
3. In a bowl, mix the cream, white wine, chives, plain flour, and a teaspoon of salt.
4. Pour mixture over potatoes (should just cover).
5. Sprinkle Colby cheese over the top, cover the dish, and put in the preheated oven.
6. In a separate baking dish lay the Salmon fillets, sprinkle with ground pepper, and then place lime and lemon slices on top of fillets. Cover and put in oven (depending on thickness of the fillets, they should take approximately 30mins to cook).
7. Prepare your steamer (pot, microwave or electric – I prefer the pot).
8. Slice carrots lengthways and cut into 3-4 cm lengths. Place in steamer.
9. Top and tail Snow Peas. Place in steamer.
10. If timed correctly fish and vegetables should be ready simultaneously.
Serve immediately on plates and garnish with a sprig of parsley.