Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 x fillets of kangaroo (avalable at most suppermarkets)
- 1 x packet of rocket (store prepacked is great)
- 1 x lebanese cucumber
- 1/4 x red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 handful macadamia nuts
- 1 splash balsamic dressing (store bought is fine)
- 1 Tbls bush spice seasoning
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls good quality olive oil
- 100 g good quality austrlian fetta
simple, healthy, and so easy-
first make a paste with the bush spice seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
use the spice mix as a rub, and coat the kangaroo fillets- leave for an hour or longer if you have the time.
heat oil in a frying pan (or fire up the BBQ) and sear the Kangaroo fillets for about 2 minutes each side, making sure to seal the edges if they are very thick. kangaroo is best eaten medium rare, as cooking further results in tough dry meat, but an extra 30-45 seconds each side if you cant handle the blood should be enough.
set Kangaroo aside and cover loosly with foil to rest.
meanwhile prepare 4 plates with the rest of the salad ingredients starting with the rocket, cucumber, onion, blueberries, fetta, and the macadamias. (often i use mango in place of the blueberries)
slice the fillets into about 1/2cm slices and share between the salad plates, drizzle with balsamic dressing (Prasie Deli Style balsamic and roast garlic dressing).