Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 3 x pieces rindless bacon, chopped
- 3 x eggs, lightly whisk
- 1 x red capsicum diced
- 1 x small red onion, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 x cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 1/2 Tbls chives, chopped
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 x sheet puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Place a baking tray in the oven. Use the pastry to line a 3cm deep, 24cm diameter fluted flan tin with removable base. Trim the edge. Line the base with non-stick baking paper and fill with rice or baking beans. Place on the hot tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove paper and rice.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a non-stick fry pan with a dash of oil. Cook the bacon on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in chives and cook for 1 minute.
3. Whisk eggs, cream and milk. Stir in the bacon and cheese. Season.
4. Pour the mixture in the pastry case. Arrange tomatoes on top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with vegetable salad.
Leave a Review
Everyone loved the quiche.
Very yummy Sarah.