Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g dry pasta(penne,elbow,spirals.....)
- 1 tspn salt
- 4 L water
- 800 g ham ( leg of ham )
- 6 - 8 x eggs - lightly whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 x jar of sweet and sour gherkins
- 3 x freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
1) Bring water to the boiling,add salt and pasta and cook for 10 minutes,switch of the heat,but leave the pasta on a stone.
2) The ham cut into smaller pieces and keep in the bowl.Strain pasta and add to the ham.Season with black pepper and mix all together.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
3) Grease ovenproof baking dish with butter,dust with breadcrumbs bottom and sides and add pasta.Pour over the eggs mixed with milk.Cover with lid and put to preheated oven on 180 C and bake for about 1 hour or until eggs set up.
4) Serve on a plate with gherkins or vegetable salad.
PS.This is cheap,quick and yummy.