Rated 5 out of 5 based on 6 votes
- 1 x 20 packet spring roll pastry
- 5 x semi-ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup jackfruit, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup low g.i. cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil or vegetable oil
1. Cut bananas in halves and slice in the middle (you should have 20 slices). Place pastry on a clean working surface. Place a slice of banana and jackfruit then sprinkle with a little bit of sugar. Fold the pastry over the banana tightly to form a parcel, folding in the edges. Brush the pastry edges with water or a lightly beaten egg and press to seal. Sprinkle a little sugar on top. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets, banana and jackfruit.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook the banana spring rolls for 2-3 minutes, both sides, until golden and the sugar is caramelized.
Note: You can buy jackfruit in cans in Asian grocery stores and some supermarkets.
Leave a Review
Yum! I have printed this out and will be making this one.
Thanks, Carole. You will love this very simple and delicious recipe. We used to eat these in the Philippines for afternoon snacks and desserts..
Carole, the jackfruit are shredded, not sliced, Typo..sorry.
Sarah that is mouthwatering,delicious and very yummy.I will make it for sure.Thank you very much for your recipe.I will be sorry the competition will finish.
These are sooo addictive!!!
Bananas and spring rolls, two of my favourite snacks, combined! Yum!