Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 1 cup self - raising flour
- 1 cup milk - warmed
- 1 Tbls butter, soft
Ratio of 1:1 SR Flour to Milk + 1 tablespoon of butter.
MAKES 4 to 5 Scones
1. Preheat oven to 180Deg, Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, so they JUST come together.
2. flatten out dough onto a floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut out the scones OR hand roll them. Place on a floured baking tray directly next to one another.
3. Place in the oven and bake for abrox 15min – or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. remove from the oven and break of scones, serve with a good quality Berry Jam and Double Cream.
For Coconut and Date/choc Scones. Amendments
Mix 1/2 cup of coconut cream with 1/2cup milk.
Add in 1/4 cup of coconut flakes to the flour.
Add in either 1/2 cut of chopped dates or Chocolate chips
follow recipe as usual. Baking may take a little longer due to the heavyness of the coconut cream.