Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x bbq chicken (shredded)
- 8 x tortillas
- 4 x spring onion (sliced)
- 3 x long red chilli (finely sliced)
- 1 x roasted capsicum (sliced)
- 1 cup smoked cheddar (grated)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 x avacado
- 1/2 x spanish onion (finely diced)
- 1 x tomato (diced)
- 1 x jalapeno (diced)
- 1/4 x red cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/4 x cabbage (shredded)
- 1 x granny smith apple (finely sliced)
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup kewpie mayo
- 1 Tbls honey
- 1/2 x lime, juiced
- 1 bunch coriander root and stem (finely sliced)
Quesadillas – a great midweek meal, always a hit with the kids. Using a BBQ chicken ensures a quick, easy meal to prepapre on the table within 30mins. These are also great as party food, cut into smaller wedges and served as a canape. Mix and match your ingredients and quantities to your hearts desire!
1. For slaw, combine cabbage, apple, mint and hazelnuts in a large mixing bowl. Combine mayo and honey and season with salt and pepper. Just prior to serving mix dressing through slaw.
2. For guacamole mash avacado with a fork to desired consistency. Add onion, tomato, jalapeno and juice of half a lime. Season with salt and pepper.
3. For Quesadillas leave a 1cm edge around the tortilla. Spread BBQ sauce and top with chicken, cheeses, spring onion, chilli, capsicum and coriander. Place another tortilla on top, pressing down and squeezing edges together. Coat both sides with oil and bake in a hot oven until golden brown or pan fry.
4. Serve with slaw and guacamole.
Leave a Review
Stuart what it is jalapeno please?
Hi Anna, it is a type of chilli. Any chilli would be fine to use.