Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 10 x button mushrooms
- 1 x onion
- 1 cup celery
- 2 x carrots
- 1 Tbls gourmet garden parsley or 1/2 bunch of fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 x chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbls wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tspn chicken stock powder
- 2 Tbls plain flour
- 1 x packet puff pastry
- 1 tspn thyme
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven 180 degrees (fan forced)
2. Cut the chicken into cubes, cover with water in a saucepan and add 2tsp of chicken stock powder and boil for 15 mins until chicken is cooked. Allow to cool. Once cooled shred the chicken
3. Sauté the onion & mushrooms in olive oil then add the carrot & celery. Cook for 2-3mins then add the flour & a little of the stock (to make a thick paste). Cook for a further 1-2mins then add remaining stock. Combine the shredded chicken to the pan and mix through. Season with thyme, parsley, wholegrain mustard, garlic, salt & pepper.
4. Blind baking your pies –
Spray each ramekin with cooking spray. Line/prepare the ramekins with the puff pastry (see photo), use a fork to prick the pastry. Scrunch up a piece of aluminium foil into a ball and place inside the ramekins (see photo attached). Blind bake your pies for 15mins or until golden brown
5. Poor the mixture into the ramekins then place the puff pastry on top.
6. Brush the milk over the top of the pies and cut a small whole on the top then bake for 15-20mins or until golden brown.
Makes 6 pies