Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x packet of flat iron steak (cuban ) from aldi
- 4 pinches dry bacon sprinkles
- 3-4 pinches herbs and garlic seasoning ( iga )
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 500 ml good vegetable stock
- 1-2 Tbls cornflour
- 3-4 x drops of parisian essence
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped chives for garnish
- 1 x knob of butter
1) Cut the steaks into smaller pieces and fry on high heat on little bit of oil until brown.Add enough water,bacon sprinkles and herbs and garlic seasoning,reduce the heat cover with lid and simmer the meat until soft.If need more water add it.Before finish the cooking add Parisian Essence little bit water and pour in cornflour mixed with …..bit of water,make the sauce thicker,stir and cook until bubbling.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
2)Put couscous into a bowl,add butter and pour over boiling stock,stir,cover and wait until all stock evaporated,then gently mix with fork.
3) Serve on a plate with the meat and sprinkle with chives
PS.I cooked this dish first time and was very delicious.It is very simple.
Leave a Review
It does look delicious Anna!
Sarah I cook this dish just first time and was very delicious.My husband and granddaughters are always my judges.