Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 200-300 g beef
- 3 Tbls tomato paste
- 4-5 Tbls sour cream
- 4 Tbls olive oil
- 2 x onions
- 1-2 Tbls flour
1. Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Add 1/2 tspn of both salt and pepper.
2. In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter or oil and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side.
3. In the other pan add the butter or oil, add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, add the flour stirring constantly. In 3 minutes add sour cream and tomato paste (you can add boiled water 1/2 cup) and stir.
4. Add the beef strips, lower the heat and close the pan for 10-15 minutes until the meat is ready.
5. Add fresh herbs (parsley, dill cubes small) cubes small
You can serve it with spaghetti or fried potatoes.
Leave a Review
I will try and tell you how come.Thank you for recipe.
Stroganoff is beef, mushrooms and thyme!
why thicken the sauce with flour.?
I would add the sour cream on the plate as that tastes also nice with the fried potatoes
The addition of fresh herbs in cubes is interesting!
Yes, we thicken the sauce with flour and it is very delicious for me!!!