Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 375 g beetroot (peeled and very fine grated )
- 270 g self - raising flour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 1 tspn mixed spice
- 200 g brown sugar
- 3 x eggs ( room temperature )
- 180 g unsalted butter ( melted-cooled )
- 2 tspn vanilla essence
1) Preheat oven to 180 C
2) Line muffin tray with paper cupcakes
3) Sift flour into a bowl add cocoa,mixed spice,sugar,eggs,butter,vanilla essence and beetroot and mix well,make mixture.
4) Spoon each paper cupcakes with the mixture( about 3/4 ) because they rise in oven.
5) Put them into oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in and come out dry.Cool the cupcakes on wire rack and then decorate with your favorite frosting.
PS.This cupcakes are very tasty you will be surprise.