Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 1/4 cup dried borlotti beans
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 1 x celery stick, chopped
- 1 x carrot chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 x bay leaf
- 185 g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 x red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs oregano to serve
- 6 x slices lightly toasted ciabatta bread
Place beans in a large bowl, cover with water and soak for 5 hrs or overnight.
Drain beans and rinse well. Place in a large saucepan and add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, rosemary and bay leaf. Cover with water and bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 40-45 mins, until beans are tender. Drain, discarding vegetables and herbs.
Place beans in a bowl. Add tuna, red onion and oil. Season and toss to combine. Stand for 10-20 mins to allow flavours to infuse. 4 Scatter over oregano and serve with toasted ciabatta slices.
Leave a Review
Looks great! I’ve made something similar but I used 4 bean mix.
easy simple and effective….as good food should be!