Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 300 g old bread
- 600 ml milk
- 2 tspn garlic(crushed)
- 1 x brown onion(finely chopped)
- 1-2 Tbls marjoram(crushed with your hands)
- 3 Tbls plain flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 2 x eggs(lightly beaten just with fork) )
- 4 x stalks green shallots (finely cut ) )
- 1 L olive oil
- 1 x 800 g sauerkraut
- 150 ml water
- 3 Tbls corn flour mixed with water
- 1 x red onion (finely chopped)
- 500 g thigh fillets ( dusted with corn flour)
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 Tbls chicken salt ( to season )
- 200 g ham or salami (finely copped)
- 1 Tbls caraway seeds
- 5 Tbls sugar
- 1 tspn salt
1)Cut the bread to small pieces and put into bowl,pour milk over and leave until all milk is soaked in bread.Then add garlic,brown onion,marjoram,plain flour,salt,pepper,eggs,ham or salami,green shallots and make mixture.Taste how is it.
2) In pan heat oil on medium heat and put in half cup of the mixture,make it flat and fry on both sides slowly until gold. Put on paper towel take it the excess of oil.
3)Red onion chop and fry on oil in pan,add sauerkraut,500 ml water,caraway seeds,salt and sugar and cook until soft.Mix 3 tablespoons corn flour in 150 ml water and pour into sauerkraut make it thicker.Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
4)In bowl season chicken thigh fillets with chicken salt,dust with corn flour and fry in pan on oil on medium heat until nice and gold.