Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 5 cups water
- 4 x chicken stock cubes (or alternative)
- 600 g broccoli (chopped, stalks and all)
- 1 x large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tspn fresh or 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
- 2 tspn lemon juice
Bring water and stock cubes/powder to the boil in a large saucepan. Add broccoli, onion, garlic, sweet basil and pepper.
Return to the boil and simmer for 10 min.
When cool enough, puree in blender (or stick blender) and adjust the liquid until it equals 8 cups.
Reheat and add lemon juice and grated rind.
Serve with a slice of lemon on top.
Yield: 8 x1 cup serves
45 calories per serve
Time: 20 min
Leave a Review
simple, but great brocoly soup for busy people.
I like this!
Sounds delicious, looking forward to testing it out.