Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 2 Tbls olive oil or rice bran oil
- 1 L brown onion diced
- 3 x cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, chopped
- 250 g pancetta, diced
- 3 x birds eye chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3 Tbls pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 800 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500 g bucatini or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring for about one minute or until aromatic.
2. Add the pancetta and cook for 6-10 minutes until golden and crispy. Add chillies, pine nuts and basil leaves to the pan. Stir to combine. Pour the white wine and scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the tomato and reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Season. If the sauce becomes to thick, add a little water and stir.
3. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine.
4. Divide the pasta among bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese. garnish with basil leaves.
Leave a Review
Sarah should be 5 stars,but I click accidentally like that.I like all your recipes and presentations.
No worries Anna…I’ve done that a few times! Thank you.