Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 x main or 4 side serves
- 1400 g tin or 200g dried puy lentils
- 2 cups (scant) cubed pumpkin
- 1 cup (tightly packed) baby spinach
- 2 x spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g squid tubes, sliced
- 2 Tbls olive oil (dressing)
- 1 tspn white wine vinegar (dressing)
- 1 Tbls lemon juice (dressing)
- 1 tspn tahini (dressing)
Boil pumpkin (or roast!) and/or lentils in salted water until tender but not mushy.
Let cool slightly and combine salad ingredients in a bowl with dressing ingredients; toss to combine. (whisk dressing together in a separate bowl first if you’re worried about the tahini being lumpy)
Saute calamari in a pan with a little olive oil for a minute or two so – until they turn from translucent to just white. Season with a little salt and pepper and take off heat. Let sit for a further 30seconds or so and let the residual heat do the rest of the work.
Toss through lentils or perch on top and don’t forget any potential calamari pan juices to go over your salad
Leave a Review
sorry to say this, but you post this as vegan dish and it contains seafood???
Your dish actually is not even vegetarian! Vegan food does not contain any kind of living beeing or animal products like eggs, milk or honey.
But there is vegan Calamari available at vegan food stores … also asian groceries … Lamyong is the product name.