Rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 2 1/2 cups self - raising flour(sifted into a bowl)
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour(sifted into a bowl)
- 1 1/2 tspn soda bicarbonate
- 3 tspn mixed spice
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 6 x eggs(lightly beaten just with fork) )
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups grated carrots(720 g )
- 10 g unsalted butter(for grease baking loaf )
1)Mix in a bowl all dry ingredients.In another a bowl mix eggs,buttermilk,oil and carrots and mix this with dry ingredients,make mixture.
2)Grease lightly baking loaf with unsalted butter,dust with bread-crumbs all sides and pour the mixture in.Put into oven and bake on 170 C…..50 – 55 minutes or until when you put the skewer in and you take it out must be dry not sticky.