Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 5 Tbls butter
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 x eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tspn vanilla essence
- 2 cups sr flour
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 tspn cinnamon, ground (chai spice mix)
- 1 tspn ginger, ground (chai spice mix)
- 1/4 tspn cloves, ground (chai spice mix)
- 1 tspn cardamom, ground (chai spice mix)
- 125 g unsalted butter, at room temperature (honey butter cream)
- 250 g icing sugar (honey butter cream)
- 2 tspn hot milk (honey butter cream)
- 3 Tbls honey (honey butter cream)
Preheat oven to 180 Degrees. Place cupcake papers in muffin tin and set aside.
Mix spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
In an electric mixer beat together butter, sugar and honey for 5- 10 min until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
Add milk and sifted flour and add alternately into the bowl. Add spice mix and mix slowly until combined and smooth.
Spoon mixture into prepared cupcake papers and bake for 15 -20 min or until golden brown.
Honey Butter Cream:
Beat butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Sift in icing sugar, milk and honey and beat until smooth.
Place in fridge for 15 min to set slightly before piping onto cooled cupcakes.
Sprinkle a little extra spice on top of piped icing and drizzle with a little honey!