Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 300 g chicken thighs
- 1 tspn soy
- 1 tspn fish sauce
- 1 tspn palm (or brown) sugar
- 1/2 x a lime's juice
- 16 x round rice paper sheets (available in the asian section at most supermarkets)
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch vietnamese mint (or regular if you can't find vietnamese)
- 100 g rice vermicelli or glass noodles
- 4 x spring onions, sliced
- 1 x large avocado, cut in to slices
Marinade the chicken in the soy, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Pan fry until cooked through and browned on the outside. Let rest then slice thinly.
Prepare the rice vermicelli or glass noodles as instructed.
Lay all the ingredients out along with a large shallow bowl/tray filled with recently boiled water and assemble as follows (I love to put this all on the table and let people DIY)
1. Quickly dunk rice paper in the hot water ensuring it is wet on all sides. Do not let it soften and wilt in the water otherwise you will struggle to handle it later. It will continue to soften as it sits.
2. Place on to a clean damp tea towel and lay chicken gracefully down the middle of the sheet.
3. Top with avocado, herbs, lettuce, cucumber and spring onion then adorn with a generous pinch of the noodles.
4. Wrap like you would a burrito, bringing two opposite sides in then folding a third over and rolling to seal shut.
Serve with a dipping sauce of choice, I like to keep it simple and just eat them with soy or a mix of 2/3 soy, 1/3 rice vinegar, a dash of fish sauce and a squeeze of lime.
Leave a Review
I love cold rolls, will try this combo
I would like to add this to my favourites (but no option), have to print it out. Great recipe, thanks