Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 1 x large carrot, diced in 1 cm cubeslarge carrot,
- 2 x sticks celery, diced in 1 cm cubes
- 1 x brown onion, diced finely
- 1/2 tspn minced ginger, fresh
- 1 tspn minced garlic, fresh
- 1/8 tspn chilli flakes
- 2 x bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 400 g tin, creamed corn
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 x raw chicken breast, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 x spring onions, finely sliced for garnish
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn pepper
Place a large saucepan over a medium heat.
Place a drizzle of olive oil into the base and place the onions, carrots and celery into the pan.
Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent. Place the garlic, ginger and chilli into the pan and saute for a further minute.
Place the chicken stock, bay leaves, creamed corn. soy sauce and uncooked quinoa into the pan and bring to the boil.
Once the stock has started to boil reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Check the quinoa that it is nearly cooked through, if it is place the chicken pieces into the stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through.
Place a ladleful of the soup into a bowl and top with the spring onions.
Serve alongside crusty bread.
*This can be made quicker if the quinoa has been pre-cooked – it can be added at the end along with the chicken breast to heat it through*