Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
- 4 x desiree potatoes (preferred), cut into 4cm. pieces
- 1 kg chicken thigh cutlets, cut into 5cm. cubes
- 1 x red capsicum, cut into 3-5cm. pieces
- 1 x brown onion diced
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, chopped
- 2 Tbls rice bran oil or any cooking oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 Tbls fish sauce
- 3 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oil on medium-high heat in a large non-stick frypan. Fry chicken pieces in two batches for approx 2 minutes each side until slightly golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, sauté onion for 1 minute or until soft. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute until aromatic. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the fish sauce and soy sauce. Add water and bring to the boil. Add the potatoes and cover with a lid. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are soft but firm.
3. Add the capsicum and peas and stir. Cook for a further 1 minute or until cooked. Check the seasoning. Serve with plain boiled rice.
*My dad taught me how to cook this Filipino dish. It’s quick and simple and tastes delicious. Guisado (gisa) means to sauté. Some people add tomato paste to the dish.
Leave a Review
I cook this dish twice a month and use pork sometimes. I love dad’s recipes!
Glad you like my recipes! (dad)