Rated 4.88 out of 5 based on 4 votes
- 4 x iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cheong sausage, diced
- 4 x spring onions, sliced
- 2 x shallots, diced
- 4 x shitake mushrooms, diced
- 6 x water chestnuts, diced
- 10 sprigs coriander, picked and washed
- 200 g chicken, minced
- 15 g corn flour
- 50 ml water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 x organic egg
- 1 handful cashew nuts, fried and crushed
- 100 ml light soy sauce
- 40 ml shao sing cooking wine
- 25 ml oyster sauce
- 5 ml sesame oil
In a bowl, mix water, corn flour, salt and egg together then add chicken mince and mix well.
In a hot wok fry quail mixture until caramelized and fluffy.
Add vegetables and continue cooking until onions are cooked through and aromatic.
Remove from heat and season with dressing and coriander leaves. Divide evenly into lettuce cups, serve immediately.
Leave a Review
I have often made Sang Choy Bow, but tried this alternative instead … love the cashews instead of peanuts and all the other flavours came together just right in the lettuce plus I had all the greens right in the garden … gotta love that! thank you for the inspiration. Tried it a second time with minced abalone and that was a great add too I hope you give it a go for a bit of luxury.