Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g chicken, diced into small pieces
- 200 g mixed frozen vegetables, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 tspn minced garlic
- 1 x brown onion - finely diced
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tspn nuttelex margerine
- 1.5 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn dried coriander leaves
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tspn ground cardomon
- 1/4 tspn ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1.5 cups basmati rice
- 2.5 cups chicken stock, gluten free
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Serves: 3-4, Prep: 10-15 mins, Cook: 25-30 mins
1. Pre-prepare your spice mix and portions of liquid, as this will save having to take the dish off the heat while you measure them out.
2. Place the olive oil, onion, garlic and nuttelex into a saucepan and cook until the onion has browned.
3. Add in the chicken pieces, the vegetables and stir.
4. Once the chicken has cooked add the rice and the spices and a few tablespoons of the liquid and stir until combined.
5. Add the stock and coconut milk and bring the mix to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for up to 20 mins or until the liquid as been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
6. About five minutes before the dish is complete stir through the sultanas.