Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1/2 x brown onion diced
- 1 x carrot, grated
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1/2 tspn brown sugar
- 1 tspn thai red curry paste (make sure it is gluten free)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 4 x sheets of gluten free puff pastry (now available at coles!)
- 1 tspn non-wheaten cornflour
- 1 x egg beaten
- 1 x oil, for cooking
Makes: 2 pies, Prep: 15-20 mins, Cook: 25 mins, per pie
1. Preheat your oven to 200 C, and prepare two pie tins with the bottom sheets of puff pastry.
2. Brown the onion in a pan, then add the chicken and cook completely. Add in the peanut butter, the curry paste and brown sugar and stir until the peanut butter has softened.
3. Add in the carrot, the peas and the coconut cream, as well as the cornflour and continue to cook while stirring gently, being mindful not to mash the peas. It helps to either sift the cornflour or to sprinkle it over the top of the mixture to avoid lumps.
4. Allow the mixture to thicken and reduce until satisfied, then pour into the prepared tins and smooth out. Top this with the extra pieces of puff pastry, remembering to prick holes with a fork. Press the pastry down either using a pastry tool or the fork, and brush the tops of both pies with the beaten egg.
5. Place into the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is sufficiently browned all over and has puffed up and become crispy. Serve.
6. NOTE: If only cooking one pie at a time, then hold off on filling and preparing the second pie until the last minute, so as not to get the pastry soggy.