Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 6-8 x pieces of chicken thigh fillets
- 1 x jar of red cabbage
- 2 tspn lemon juice
- 3 x sachets of stevia or sugar
- 2 x good pinch of caraway seeds(ground)
- 2 cups water
- 1 x brown onion (peeled,chopped )
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1-2 kg peeled and cooked potatoes
- 3 x eggs whisked with milk or water
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 x bottle oil ( for frying )
1) The chicken thigh wash and trim from any fat,pat with paper towel and each piece sprinkle with ….bit of salt,then coat in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
2) Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat,add little crumbs and when you see bubble come put schnitzel in and fry slowly until golden brown.Keep for a minutes on paper towel,take it the oil from,then put into round thermos for food keep it nice,warm and juice the meat.
3) In a medium saucepan heat 3 tablespoon oil,add chopped onion and cook until onion is slightly brown.Add cabbage from jar sprinkle with stevia or sugar,add caraway seeds,lemon juice stir,pour water and cook until cabbage is soft.(you can mix little bit cornflour in water and pour into cabbage,make it thicker)Taste and see,if anything need to be added.
4) Serve the schnitzel with cooked potatoes and cabbage.