Rated 4.25 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 4 x zucchini, sliced into 2 cm think rounds
- 2 x eggplants, cut into 2 cm think half moon slices
- 1/2 x jap pumpkin, diced roughly
- 4 x garlic cloves, minced
- 2 x cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 x large jar of passata
- 100 ml water
- 2 x cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley
215 calories per serve
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. In a large casserole dish place the eggplant, zucchini, minced garlic, and diced pumpkin with a lug of olive oil. Saute the vegetables for 5 – 7 minutes.
Add the passata, tomatoes and water, then transfer to the 160 degree celsius preheated oven. Leave to cook for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally, making sure it’s not catching and vegetables are cooking evenly. Gage whether the dish needs to be covered with foil or a lid to stop the Ratatouille from drying out. Near the end of the cooking time, mix through the chickpeas. Serve with flat leaf parsley and a little ground unbleached sea salt. You can leave the Ratatouille covered in the oven, on very low to keep it warm until ready to serve.
*This recipe is also brilliant to use in your slow cooker. Adjust the 1 and a half hour cooking time to 8 hours on a low setting on your crock pot/slow cooker.
Leave a Review
That looks and sounds delicous!