Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 180 g almond meal
- 180 g pure icing sugar
- 3 x egg whites
- 250 g caster sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 ml cream
- 2 Tbls chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Sift icing sugar and almond meal together 3 times.
2. Put egg whites and caster sugar in mixing bowl, whisk until mixture forms firm peaks.
3. Add sifted icing sugar and almond mix to egg whites, the mixture should be lava like.
4. Pipe 3.5 cm rounds onto a lined baking sheet.
4. Allow rounds to rest until a crust is formed on top. They should feel dry not sticky.
5. Bake in a 140c oven for about 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before filling with hazelnut ganache.
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache
In a glass bowl combine chocolate, cream and hazelnut spread. Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
Allow ganache to sit at room temperature until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
Tip: Macarons are a bit tricky, but if you follow these simple steps your end result will be pleasing.
Leave a Review