Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250 g butter, melted
- 2400 g cans of condensed milk (filling)
- 4 Tbls golden syrup (filling)
- 120 g butter, melted (filling)
- 60 g copha (topping)
- 250 g dark chocolate (topping)
- 125 g cooking chocolate, chopped (topping)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 3cm deep, 28 x 26cm (base) pan.
2. Combine all base ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Press into prepared lamington pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven. Cool.
3. Make filling: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Make sure the saucepan is a non stick type. Cook, whisking, for 8 minutes or until golden. Pour over cooked base. Bake for 12 minutes or until firm. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until set.
4. Make topping: Place copha and chocolate into a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Pour over caramel. Refrigerate to set. Cut into squares to serve.