Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 2 Tbls cocoa powder
- 1 tspn cinnamon powder
- 2 Tbls vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 150 g butter
- 40 g caster sugar
- 2 Tbls maple syrup
1. Combine the cocoa powder and the cinnamon powder in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Heat the vegetable oil and a few popcorn kernels in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
3. When the kernels start to pop, turn the heat down to medium and add the remaining popcorn kernels.
4. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook, gently shaking the pan occasionally, until the popping subsides.
5. Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
6. To make the caramel: Combine the butter, sugar and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Bring mixture to the boil.
7. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, until the caramel mixture turns light golden.
8. Remove from heat. Pour half of the caramel over the butter popcorn and toss gently until the popcorn is well coated with the caramel. Add more caramel if you prefer sweeter popcorn.
9. Sift the cocoa powder and cinnamon powder mixture over the caramel popcorn. Toss gently until all popcorn is coated with the mixture.