Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 3 x red capsicums (bell peppers)
- 1 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x chorizos, chopped
- 2 tspn ground coriander
- 2 tspn ground cumin
- 315 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 2 tspn tomato paste
- 440 g canned red kidney beans, drained
- 1/3 cup rice, cooked
1. Cut tops from capsicums and remove seeds and membranes. Set aside.
2. To make the filling, heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic, cook for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Except for the rice, add all ingredients to the pan. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes, or until mixture has thickened and reduced.
4. Remove from heat. Stir rice into mixture. Spoon filling into prepared capsicums.
5. Place filled capsicums in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven (180C degrees) for 25 minutes.
6. Serve with a simple green salad.
Note: This can be a vegetarian dish if you omit the chorizo.
You can use other sausages instead of chorizo.