Rated 4.25 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn ghee
1) Take a heavy bottomed pan and add 1 cup of sugar in it. Add little water to the sugar and keep it on low to medium flame.
2) In the meantime, take a plate/tray and grease it with ghee.
3)Once the sugar has melted, add 1 cup of grated coconut and keep stirring.
4) Add a tsp of ghee to the mixture in step 3.
5)Continue stirring till the sugar and grated coconut blend well and the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
6) At this stage, put off the flame.One can also add powdered cardamom to the above. Pour the contents of the pan into the tray/plate greased with ghee.
7) Allow it cool and then cut it into pieces. Enjoy your coconut barfi.
Leave a Review
Coconut slices always delicious.