Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 1 cup self - raising flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 Tbls finely grated lemon zest
- 125 g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 30 g butter softened
- 1 Tbls boiling water
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 170 C degrees. Line 12 medium muffin holes with paper cases.
2. Place flour in a bowl. Stir in coconut and sugar and make a well in the centre.
3. With a fork, whisk eggs, milk and lemon zest in a jug. Add to the dry ingredients along with the butter. Fold together until just combined. Do not mix or beat.
4. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until springy to a light touch. leave in tin for 5 minutes then turn into rack to completely cool.
5. To make icing, sift icing sugar into a bowl and add butter. Pour boiling water onto butter to melt it and stir until smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
6. Spread lemon icing over cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and leave to set.
Note: For a richer coconut taste, you may substitute milk with coconut milk.
Leave a Review
coconut and lemon, must be delicious