Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 Tbls honey
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 tspn cornflour
- 1 x large egg
Yields: Approx. 500g of sauce, Prep: <5 mins, Cook: 5-10 mins
1. Whisk egg and coconut milk in a saucepan, and then simmer over low heat.
2. Remove up to four tablespoons of the warm coconut-egg mix and combine with the cornflour. Mix thoroughly to make sure there are no lumps and return this mix to the saucepan.
3. Add the vanilla extract and bring to the boil, stirring until the mixture is every so slightly thickened and coats the back of a clean metal spoon.
4. Remove from the heat and stir through the honey.
5. Allow to cool to a warm but not scalding temperature, whisk again, and serve over a dessert.