Rated 5 out of 5 based on 5 votes
- 1 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 4 Tbls rice flour
- 3 Tbls caster sugar
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 2 tspn coconut butter or oil (optional)
- 1 x egg
- 1 x lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- 3 Tbls maple syrup or honey, to drizzle
1. Combine flour, rice flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour the coconut milk and coconut butter. Whisk the egg into the coconut milk and gradually incorporate the dry ingredients, whisking constantly until the mixture forms a batter. You will not have a smooth batter because of the coconut.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pour about 3 tablespoons of the mixture and spread into a thin layer using the back of the spoon. Cook over high-medium heat, until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, then turn it over and cook the other side until golden.
3. Serve pancakes with lime wedges and drizzle with maple syrup.
Leave a Review
I made these for breakfast today. I used shredded coconut instead of dessicated. So simple and really yummy!
Coconut pancakes are so good! I love the look of your recipe for them!
so simple and tasty! Lovely idea!