Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 312 ml milk
- 190 g caster sugar
- 3 x free-range eggs
- 1 x lemon (zests)
- 1 x vanilla bean (deseeded)
- 63 ml water
1. Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius.
2. For caramel, bring water and 125g caster sugar to a soft boil. Remove from heat once sugar and water mixture turns slightly amber. Cool slightly.
3. Pour cooled caramel into four prepared heat proof ramekins.
4. In mixing bowl, whisk eggs and 65g caster sugar until slightly pale. Set a side.
5. Bring milk, vanilla bean seeds (and skin) and lemon zests to a gentle boil. Pour hot milk into mixing bowl to temper whisked egg mixture. Strain milk and egg mixture prior to pouring into prepared ramekins.
6. Cover each ramekin with aluminium foil.
7. Place filled ramekins into a deep baking tray, fill baking tray with enough water to cover 3/4′s of the ramekins forming a water bath.
8. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
9. Cool at room temperature before cooling further in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Leave a Review
Thanks Gillian! Glad that you enjoyed the recipe. Looking forward to sharing more recipes with you in the future.