Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 votes
- 500 g green prawns
- 1/4 cup self - raising flour
- 3 tspn cornflour
- 1/2 tspn ground coriander
- 1/2 tspn sambal oeleck
- 1 tspn fresh coriander stem, finely chopped
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 6 x turns of a pepper mill
- 1 x egg white
- 1/4 cup tomato passata (puree)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 x clove garlic, squashed (you will remove this prior to serving)
- 1 x mango, pureed
- 2 tspn fish sauce
- 1 Tbls lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbls fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cups canola or vegetable oil
Shell and de-vein prawns leaving tails in tact.
Mix together the self-raising flour, cornflour, ground coriander, sambal oeleck, coriander stem, salt, pepper, egg white and tomato passata.
Mix through the prawns and allow to marinate in the batter for 1 hour or more.
Meanwhile make the dipping sauce by mixing together yoghurt, garlic, mango puree, fish sauce, lime juice and coriander leaves.
Heat a pot of canola or vegetable oil.
Remove prawns from marinade/batter then dip in the panko bread crumbs.
Deep fry until a nice golden brown.
Remove the squashed garlic from the dipping sauce then serve the prawns with the dipping sauce.
Serves 4 as an entree