Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 6 x eggs ( room temperature )
- 250 g unsalted butter( room temperature )
- 250 g icing sugar
- 8 Tbls continental flour
- 1 x sachet baking powder( 15 g )
- 1 x sachets vanilla sugar ( 8 g )
- 1 kg homemade curd ( or ricotta cheese for cake )
- 1 x can of mangoes in juice,drained
1 ) Preheat oven to 170 C (fan)
2) Put into a bowl butter with sugar and with electric mixer mix until fluffy,then add egg yolk,one in the time until all used.Add flour,curd or ricotta cheese,baking powder,vanilla sugar and mix all well.
3) In another bowl mix with electric mixer egg white until soft peaks form,then very gently fold into yolk mixture.
4) Grease round baking dish with extra unsalted butter and dust bottom and all sides with continental flour,then fill up with the mixture.Top with slices of mangoes or other fruit.( it is your option)Press the fruit little bit down.Put to oven and bake for 1 hour or when insert the skewer in the middle come out clean,cake is ready.Leave to cool then cut and serve.
PS.If you make homemade curd- you need 6 L of full cream milk.
Leave a Review