Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
- 800 ml coconut milk, full fat
- 2.5 Tbls cocoa powder, sifted (or to taste)
- 2 Tbls maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tspn chocolate liqueur (optional)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
Makes: About 1 quart, Prep: 10 mins, Chill: overnight
1. Combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla in a bowl, along with the chocolate liqueur if you’re using it. Combine well.
2. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir again.
3. Cover this mixture and refrigerate it overnight, or for a couple of hours at least until it’s icy cold.
4. Remove the mix and stir again, pouring into ice-block moulds, or into your ice-cream maker.
5. If using ice-block moulds and dairy free chocolate chips, then make sure to disperse the chips throughout the moulds as best you can. If using an ice-cream maker and dairy-free chocolate chips, then add the chocolate chips at the last second. For my ice-cream maker extra ingredients are generally added within the kast five minutes of churning, but yours might have different instructions.
Leave a Review
Yummy,kids will love it.Nell thank you for the recipe Nell.
Hmmmm, sounds devine
:3 It certainly was!